Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May Flowers

I said in a previous post that I would be making my way up to Varner's Greenhouse in Michigan to get flowers. Trenton and Gabi went with me to pick some beautiful flowers out...I had quite a list also, but they were troopers and helped by picking out certain colors, etc. Every year I make a pot of a variety of flowers - I call it my butterfly flower pot (because I use alot of flowers that attract butterflies). My mom has complimented me every year and this year she asked that I fill up some of her pots with the same thing for Mother's Day. I ended up doing 6 pots for her along with mine. She was very happy with them and I have to say they did turn out really nice. I also got flowers for 3 pots on our deck, and 1 big pot and 2 small pots for porch. Along with flowers for home I got some flowers to plant in 2 pots for the campsite as well. I am pretty happy with the turnout. All I need now are my hanging baskets for the porch also. Gabi helped me do all the planting when we got home from Varner's - she is quite the gardener. Got nice and dirty - but the outcome was beautiful. She certainly enjoyed helping out. We also got rid of our old wicker set we had on our front porch in years passed and decided to get Adirondack chairs instead...turned out really nice. I like it alot! Great place to relax and watch Gabi play outside in the front yard (although I do miss the days of watching the boys use the front as a football field)!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Looks good. I still want to get a couple of pots for our house, maybe I should just hire you to make me one. :) How much do you charge? :)