Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sick

So I have been spoiled by a good doctor who will call in antibiotics for me quite a bit...as long as I have seen him within a period of time. I was looking forward to that...because of Gabi's camp, things I had to get done, etc. Well, I call and the office is closed due to a computer training class. I call the backup office and the doctor does not call in antiobiotics unless being seen and the only appointment she has is 4:45 pm. I wasn't going to wait that long! So, disappointed I have Tyler drive me to Urgent Care around 9:30 am. By this time...I am just feeling terrible. I had a throat swab and the doctor said it came up positive for Strep within seconds so I must have it pretty bad. Incidently, I also have a sinus infection. The good thing...I got the antiobiotics! The bad thing, it was a prescription and I had to wait for 20 minutes at Meijer to get them. It felt like an eternity. My loving hubby decided to come home to take Gabi to and from camp so I could rest and that's indeed what I did. The rest of the day and all night...in bed. Relaxing and sleeping. Didn't have the best night but hopefully today will start the uphill process of getting better. Neck is sore, throat is sore, headache and stuffy nose still. I am hoping by being up and around today, I will feel a little better. We'll see. Strep throat is nooooo fun! : (

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Amber said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you feel better soon. I agree, strep throat is NO FUN!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Take the time needed to get better then worry with other stuff. Soon you will forget you even felt bad. Rest all you can and drinks juices. Take care.
Don