Friday, April 09, 2010

Day 2 of our Mini Vacay

Started the morning off with a visit to the Willis Tower...aka Sears Tower. Went up to the 103rd floor and actually got to stand outside the tower and look down in glass!!! Yes, I mustered up the courage to do it! I have to say I was very nervous and couldn't look down while in the glass, but I can say I did it!! It was VERY cool reading about the facts of the Tower as we wound around in line to the elevators. A 60 second ride to the top, ears popping and all! And did you know you can see 4 states (Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan) from the top on a clear day such as today????!!! AWESOME!! I can now say I have been in the tallest building in U.S!













Next up, a walk to Millenium Park. It was a little chilly...probably in the 50's but sunny outside. The artwork was very cool and I loved the cloud gate. We had a good time taking pictures until we stumbled upon a movie in progress of being filmed! We had to see what actors/actresses were there and what movie it was...ended up being Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Monaghan from a movie Source Code to be out in 2011! They had the whole area roped off and told us all to be quiet when they started to film. Needless to say, it was pretty cool. We decided to head back after watching the filming and playing at the cloud gate for a while.














Headed to North Central College at that point to see Trenton. He had just gotten out of his last class and was ready to get something to eat. We dropped off some goodies to his dorm room, added some money to his laundry card and headed to Features for a burger. Trenton had mentioned that Gabi would enjoy a store called Marbles downtown so we took a stroll there to check it out. He was right. Gabi had fun exploring the different games and fell in love with Square Up, which she HAD to get!!! She loves it and it keeps us all busy trying to dethrone Gabi as champ at it!














Took a walk over to the wrestler house where we met Loppy the bunny and dropped Trenton off to a buddies house for the evening. On the way back to the hotel, we decided to check out Chicago's Premium Outlets, did some shopping, grabbed some Starbucks and headed back to the hotel for a soak in the hot tub before a Square Up round and bedtime. It's been another fun day...I'm pooped.

No comments: