Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day and 10-10-10

Happy Earth Day! I have tried to teach my children much about the importance of recycling and it seems with the combination of Gabi's love of manatees and the boys' love of fishing, it is easier to explain why we should recycle and keep things from hitting the waters that kill our animals on this earth. It is for our future...for the next generations.
And check this out...One Day on Earth...a documentary set to include people of this world. I checked it out and it got me really thinking after watching the trailer. VERY COOL IDEA! I am excited to see how it all turns out.
And today is Gabi's first track meet...she had the opportunity to join the track team after there were not enough 5th and 6th graders. At first she was not really thrilled, but she has come to enjoy it I think. She is set to run the 70 meter and the 200 meter. More info on that to follow :)
For now...enjoy the beautiful day!

No comments: