Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bellmont Invitational

Wow, talk about a tournament! David graciously offered to drive and go with me to watch Trenton yesterday. Ben was able to go to Calumet - another great tourney - so he told me to go and watch at Bellmont. Some say one matchup is a precursor to the team state finals...Mishawaka vs. Perry Meridian. It was certainly intense. The first matchup was against Witko. Trenton pinned his opponent (Ryan Busz) in the first period. The second round was Bellmont and Trenton faced Will Sheets again (rematch from final round at Al Smith) and beat him this time 3-0. Great match. The third round was against Bloomington South (Richard Reschke) and Trenton also pinned him in the second period. Then came Perry. The preview of state finals right before us...Our team made some pretty dumb errors and we had to sub in two of our varsity wrestlers and we lost 24-30. I can see that we can beat them...we can. It will take alot of work and discipline on our side but it is an absolute possibility and I look very forward to that rematch at team state. Trenton's match was against Brian Vest...ranked #3 in the state and beat him 2-1. Boy, oh boy, what a match. Last round was against Evansville Memorial and Trenton had Conner Zuber (ranked #4 in the state also). At this point, I think alot of wind was taken out of sails because of the team loss. Trenton lost his match 2-3 but I really think he will get him next time. It was another great match.

David got a new camera and was able to take some pics but I haven't gotten any from him yet. I will post them later because he got some GREAT photos. Nice camera too - I have to say, I am very jealous. A Sony Alpha to be exact. Anyways, I was glad I went...the drive was long, but the wrestling was well worth it. Awesome competition and Trenton proved himself again. VERY PROUD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trent, Good job again. You are on track now. Keep it up and you CAN win states. Losing 2-3 is nothing to be ashamed of with a #4 ranked wrestler. It just shows me you are championship caliber and you can take the state title. Raise the ba rand you got it. Don't let down.
Don