Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Choices

Finally, I have finished choosing colors in our house we are building. After going back at least three times, I am content with my choices. We have chosen a slate-Napco color siding with classic blue shutters and Chapel Gray roofing. We have also finished the layout...we made alot of changes to a basic floor plan and will share the actual one when we get it signed off. The blueprint should be ready to sign off on this week and staking should begin. As for the inside...colors chosen. We have chosen a red oak flooring that will be in the entryway, kitchen, half bath and laundry room. The half bath will have a pedistal sink and commode. Therefore, no countertop had to be chosen. I chose a cookie color carpet (cross between a shag and plush) that will be in the family and living room, as well as the dining room, staircase and throughout upstairs. The fireplace will have ceramic tiles surrounding it that will look match the wood flooring and cabinets in the kitchen beautifully. The kitchen cabinets I chose were Sinclair Birch (Autumn color) that matches the flooring well and I have chosen a baltic granite countertop. I am very pleased with this choice. For now, we are going with the standard white appliances...to possibly upgrade in the future.
The bath for the kids upstairs will have this flooring...
and this countertop (mineral spa)...
The master bath was fun to choose colors for. We will have a shower, walk in closet, commode, sink and a jacuzzi tub. I am very excited about that! We chose this for our flooring in the master bath...
and this is what we chose this for our countertop color (jeweled mica)...
As for paint, we chose for them to do two colors through the entire house. Trim in pure white and walls in pacer white. We will probably end up painting the kids (or at least Gabi's) rooms a different color. We will see. At least we will have the contrast right off the bat, rather than one color throughout. You can check out the colors here. I must say it has been very exciting picking and choosing and we have basically only begun. We get to meet with the lighting store next and then we get to choose storage, cable, etc. This ride has just started. It is interesting to see all that goes into building and we are looking forward to watching it every step of the way! I will continue to share as I go.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Exciting. Can't wait to see the progress. Floor plans look very similar to ours. I bet you can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Everything you've picked out looks great so far. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Cindy said...

Amber...yep, that's why we always check out your house when we come over...wanting to see how it is going to finish up. We went with the opening between the living/family room like yours. I like the idea of it being open so more people can "hang out" together. And we are VERY anxious...more than you know : )
Shannon...thanks for the compliment and we will surely have you guys over when it is finished.