Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake in Indiana?

That's right...this morning, I was half asleep/half awake because my stomach was feeling a little sour and I just couldn't get comfortable. The time was about 5:35 am and Ben had left for work probably 30 minutes earlier. I heard the dresser drawers rattling, heard some rumbling and Maizy got up and acted like she just couldn't get comfortable at that point. Thoughts in my head were the possibility of a train and at some time I guess I had thought it could have been an earthquake, but then totally dismissed that one. Only lasted a few minutes but I was shocked when I got up for the morning and my mom asked me, "did you feel the earthquake?"
This earthquake measured like 5.2 and originated in Illinois. Trenton seemed to know a little about the origin point...said they had discussed it in school and it has been predicted to happen, except the prediction was more of a disaster type earthquake. Interesting.

I guess with the weather being 80 one day and 30 the next in Indiana...nothing surprises me in this state anymore.

No comments: