Tyler went 4-1 at the Plymouth Invitational yesterday. I was reminded again at this tournament that people do watch and listen while kids wrestle and that the wrestler on the mat could very well be the son of the person sitting next to you while you are yelling and screaming. I, indeed, was on the receiving end. I knew coming into this tournament that Plymouth LOVES winning over Mishawaka. Last year a Plymouth kid beat Trenton by a point and the crowd went absolutely nuts. This year, Tyler wrestled them and unfortunately got beat as well. Lewandowski was his name and he wrestled against Mishawaka well last year and is a senior, so I knew he would be good competition. Well, just a few people down from where I was watching a man was yelling intently, "yeah, yeah, get him on his back...yeah, yeah" and he was jumping around so much that his glasses fell off his face. He was definitely making a spectacle of himself. I was very disturbed at the way this guy was being and it made it even worse that my kid was on the receiving end. I sucked it up and let it go, though. He was Tyler's one loss. Tyler beat Bremen (Bonsinger), Harrison (Son), Riley (Hoffman Nuttig) and Northridge (Lewellan). He did well. Came away with a sore finger and busted up eye, but he was proud. Pictures here.
Sunday, December 07, 2008
Plymouth Invitational
Tyler went 4-1 at the Plymouth Invitational yesterday. I was reminded again at this tournament that people do watch and listen while kids wrestle and that the wrestler on the mat could very well be the son of the person sitting next to you while you are yelling and screaming. I, indeed, was on the receiving end. I knew coming into this tournament that Plymouth LOVES winning over Mishawaka. Last year a Plymouth kid beat Trenton by a point and the crowd went absolutely nuts. This year, Tyler wrestled them and unfortunately got beat as well. Lewandowski was his name and he wrestled against Mishawaka well last year and is a senior, so I knew he would be good competition. Well, just a few people down from where I was watching a man was yelling intently, "yeah, yeah, get him on his back...yeah, yeah" and he was jumping around so much that his glasses fell off his face. He was definitely making a spectacle of himself. I was very disturbed at the way this guy was being and it made it even worse that my kid was on the receiving end. I sucked it up and let it go, though. He was Tyler's one loss. Tyler beat Bremen (Bonsinger), Harrison (Son), Riley (Hoffman Nuttig) and Northridge (Lewellan). He did well. Came away with a sore finger and busted up eye, but he was proud. Pictures here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment