Sunday, March 15, 2009

Slumber Party!

Gabi has been talking about wanting to have a few girls overnight for her birthday for months now. I caved. We had a skating party with 9 of her closest friends and then she invited four girls to stay overnight afterwards. I had heard others say that four girls is like twenty boys and I have had my share of overnights with the boys. I was quite nervous and didn't want to believe it...until last night ;)
Skating was great. We enjoyed pizza, soda, cupckakes and root beer floats at the roller rink. The girls had a good time grooving to the music. We made our way to our house afterward with Emma, Nikki, Lizzy and Maddie. The four Gabi had chosen to stay. The weather was perfect so the girls were able to burn more energy off playing soccer outside. The girls especially enjoyed Maizy. None of them have dogs of their own. Gabi also enjoyed showing off Bubbles (hamster). When it got dark the girls made their way inside for some popcorn and the Hannah Montana DVD game. This kept them busy laughing and talking till around 10:45 pm. I finally was able to get them into their pjs, upstairs in their sleeping bags and settled down to watch High School Musical 3 (thanks Emma)! I believe they talked, sang and laughed through the whole movie and this is the point where I think the four girls equaled twenty boys LOL They were out like the lights by 12:30 am or so. Didn't take them long at all to crash out. Daddy went out to get donuts (Gabi's request) and the girls were up playing and eating by 8 am. Gabi had a blast! This was the first year we were able to skip out on Folkstyle State Wrestling, enabling us to party it up. I am sure Gabi was thrilled! All in all, from Friday to Sunday...it was pretty much a "Gabi" weekend. Fun fair at school on Friday, Party on Saturday and Sunday. I would say she had an excellent weekend!!! Lots of pictures here.



No comments: