Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

What an amazing mother I have. I am so thankful for such an inspiration in my life. Such an example for me to follow. If I am half the mom she was and is to me, to my children, I know that they can never steer wrong. That's why I strive to be like her. She is not only a beautiful person on the outside but on the inside. My mom is always thinking of others before herself. She is a giver all the time. That is why I thoroughly enjoy putting together all her flowers for her. I think this is the third year now that I have done them for Mother's Day. She loves the way I do them and she is always so proud. I love you mom! Thank you for making me want to be a better mother every day. Thank you for being my best friend. Happy Mother's Day!

I woke up to a few cards on the table...one from the kids, one from my hubby, one from Gabi herself and one from Trenton's girlfriend, Alayna (so sweet of her). My baby girl presented me with origami flowers she had made at school, along with a piece of artwork to display. Both beautiful! The boys, Gabi and Ben presented me with a gift card to JaRoss Salon to get that massage I have been longing for. I am soooo looking forward to that! And lastly, Trenton presented me with a shirt he brought back from North Central (he visited on Friday/Saturday) that says "North Central College Mom" :) Still can't believe it. Listened to a good sermon this morning...made me cry. Title..."How to Raise A Healthy Family." Cried when he started talking about children leaving the nest...I am about to take that road and my heart aches when I think about it. Scared to venture down it, but mostly sad. Then I cried when pastor spoke about those who have lost their children and thought of my parents. And cried when he spoke about those who have lost their mothers, like my husband. My heart ached as I thought of how he isn't able to give her the hugs I gave my mom today. I know she is with us though...in spirit...always.
Had a great day of visiting with my mom's side of the family...lots of food as always and was able to see my grandparents finally home from Florida again. Had fun watching grandma, Gabi and Tyler do a Beauticontrol spa makeover. Lots of laughs. Glad we visited with dad R and Dave and that we were also able to visit Mom R's gravesite today. Good day. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: