So I told you in my last post that we brought home a couple of extra special things from Naperville...we did. We stopped in at Trenton's work - Pet Supplies Plus and talked to a VERY nice lady while she was working with some hamsters. Well, Gabi and I both have soft spots for these little critters. I grew up having hamsters and even was able to watch mine have babies at one point. I thought it was so awesome to be able to see this and in my own mind, I have been thinking about trying to enable this for Gabi...to let her see new life in her hamsters. Well, I have been checking around town and come to find out all the pet stores in this area are "male only" critters. Gabi's first hamster, Bubbles, was a female, but we got her from a friend of a friend when she was only a few weeks old. So, we were out of luck...until last week while in Pet Supplies Plus. They had just gotten a shipment of VERY young hamsters... and if you know anything about hamsters, they are easiest to hand train when they are small. Bubbles was a VERY VERY friendly hamster. Never bit Gabi. Not once. So they were separating them males from females and a lightbulb went off..."they sell both males and females here." These hamsters were the same exact kind as Bubbles - Winter White Dwarf. Not to take anything away from Cuddles (her hamster now) who is a Robo hamster...but he is EXTREMELY fast and hard to hold (BUT rarely bite, EVER). He is almost two years old and barely sits on Gabi's hand. Cuddles was a quick replacement for Gabi's broken heart when Bubbles died so we went with it. She loves him very much though, as you can tell by the post on the "hamster race" we just did. So, while we were there, I knew I had just replaced the cage Cuddles was in now (while at the hamster race) so we had an extra cage...and they are SUPER easy to care for since I have all the supplies...why not try??? Tyler was interested in caring for a small critter so I told him he could be the "owner" of the male and Gabi would have the female. Tyler picked out "Louie" and Gabi picked out "Daisy," both Winter White Dwarf hamsters and friendly as can be. We were in luck...they were used to being together in the same cage...this could work! SOOOO, we should know in about a month if we will be having little babies to share. The young lady at Trenton's store had a bit of a hard time figuring out the sex, but pretty sure...let's keep our fingers crossed. We plan to do this only once...hoping for this opportunity for Gabi. She is EXCITED! So, welcome friendly little critters....they really are adorable and perfect pets for my girl to care for...
Louie
Daisy...check her out...snoozin!! So cute!
And them both together...




No comments:
Post a Comment