So my husband decided to force me into Verizon Wireless Friday night after dinner to get me a Mother's Day gift. I begged him several times to not worry about a new phone, but he knew that I was up for an upgrade and my phone had pretty much seen it's better days. I tried all excuses, including I wasn't his mother so he didn't need to get me a gift, but his comeback was, you have had my children...you deserve this. Sooooo, still feeling guilty, I got the iPhone 5. A gift from all of my kids, Ben said. Aaaaand, I have to admit, this phone is alot of fun. Especially with the social media aspect. Gabi said I went a little nuts on the selfies, but it was fun to play.
Trenton helped me out a bit with my first one for Instagram :)...
Me and my mom on Mother's Day :)
Had to get grandma Jones in on one for Mother's Day too!
I am certainly impressed with my iPhone's camera!!!
I was especially excited that Trenton was able to make it home for Mother's Day. He got in later on Saturday night and is staying til Monday. A nice treat for him to be able to come to church and attend Mother's Day festivities with us!!!
Gabi made me breakfast in bed this morning before I got up!! She is so sweet! Whole wheat pancakes, sausage, fruit salad, coffee and milk for me!! She also made a cute little instagram pic that she posted...
I really enjoyed the sermon at church this morning...on peace and trying to find peace in our lives. Next up was of course, lunch with my mom's side of the family at their house. She is always so gracious to have it every year. I just can't say enough about my mom...the most selfless person you will ever meet. Always willing to help anyone when they need it. So giving and loving. Supportive of our family in everything we do. Everything. I am completely honored to call her MY mom.
I snuck in a little facetime also with Tyler. Really missed that boy today. Very lucky to have Trenton home, but I could feel the void with Tyler not here. I was very lucky to have spent last weekend with both boys.
We couldn't forget mom R on this day, so we picked up 5 yellow roses from each of us to lay at her gravesite. She was such a good mom. So thankful that she was a part of my life and for the time I had with her.
All in all, a great day. I truly felt loved and appreciated today, but most importantly, I truly felt the blessing of God's greatest gift he gave me - to be the mom of these kids!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment