Sunday, January 26, 2014

Birthday and Anniversary Weekend

Friday Trenton celebrated his 23rd birthday!!!  I just can't believe we have a 23 year old son.  I love to look at old pictures and see how much the boys have changed.  I posted this on Instagram on Friday for him.  Also used a Pinterest idea and sent him some cash in individual balloons in a big box.  The surprise was ruined by the Post Office though...payed for a 2 day priority and it arrived according the them yesterday morning at 4:30 am.  Guess Trenton won't get it until Monday morning at North Central.  Pretty bummed about that!
And yesterday Ben and I celebrated 22 years of marriage.  Gabi had a friend (Brooke) stay over on Friday night and they made us some anniversary cupcakes!
I have to say we have had some twists and turns in this journey but we both would not trade it for the world.  Looking forward to many more anniversaries together.  I made steak and eggs (courtesy of the leftover steak from Ruth's Chris last night) for us this morning and celebrated the fact that Gabi's competition in Ft. Wayne had been cancelled due to weather.  Looks like we are hunkering in today folks.  Weather has been pretty bad here...extremely cold with below 0 temps and plenty of snow - at least a foot by now.  Ben said there were 4 foot drifts at his work yesterday.  Tired of it for sure.

No comments: