Tuesday, June 14, 2016

North Carolina Visit

We had planned this visit a while back...Thursday to Sunday and Gabi brought her friend, Kylee along with us this time.  Wanted to visit family in North Carolina.  Thursday was our travel day.  Left about 5am and got there around 3pm to visit with grandma and grandpa Honeycutt.  Our trip was filled with animals, visiting family, some shopping, helping out where needed and R & R.
We actually took the girls to a new outlet mall in Asheville (30 min away) where they were able to get some good deals at Forever 21 on Friday.  They were super excited about that and a place we will have to remember.  The girls were able to feed chickens and horses during our visit.  Cocoa, of course (grandpa's horse), and two horses that belong to Robbie (next door to grandma).  And there is always dogs galore pretty much everywhere we visited.  Owen and Joan had 3 week old dachshund puppies we were able to see on Saturday evening.  After mentioning to grandpa Honeycutt that I had never had eggs straight from a chicken, he ended up bringing me over some straight from his...and aunt Betty did the same!  Sent us home with 3 dozen!  Ben and I helped grandpa fix his hotwire fence around Cocoa and tried to help fix his tractor that broke down while we were there.  Annnnnd we were able to see Chris and Kary's new house up in the wood...literally.  Chris even took Gabi and I for a four wheeler ride and we sat around the fire enjoying s'mores and stories.  On our way out Sunday morning (after I had just said one thing I had wished that I would see in NC would be a bear - always hear stories about family seeing them there, but I had never seen one)...we saw one off of 25/70 up on a hill.  Pulled over and tried to get a pic.  Pretty cool for sure!  To top the visit off, we tried Zaxby's in Kentucky (Tyler told us to try it...very similar to Chick-Fil-A).  It was a short...but fun and relaxing trip.  Glad to see family.
Soooo, warning about the quantity of photos below....enjoy!

















































No comments: