Wanted to try this race last year and actually got my first half in before doing this one. Decided to do the 15K this year too. Friends have told me they like this distance...longer than a 10K but not as bad as a half. Trained hard for it and last week ended up sick with a stomach bug...took me out most of the week so I was seriously contemplating not doing it last minute. BUT, Saturday came and I felt better. Decided to go for it and I really enjoyed the race. Beautiful scenery but wow, the hills were a killer. If you weren't going up, you were going down. Thought it was cool how we started out down the parade route with the street filled with people waiting for the parade. Lots of cheers. And on the way back down the same road (about a half mile or so) runner were routed on one side of the street going back while the parade was coming the other way on the other side. So I got to watch part of a parade while running. Pretty cool. I would do it again. And my time wasn't bad either. Alot of serious runners in the race...lots from all over the USA actually. I placed 6th in my age group. Stayed at my average pace I do well at. And only had to walk once...when I got a side stitch but a runner behind me kept me going. Ben came with me to cheer me on and actually was able to walk around the festival for a little while as I was running.


No comments:
Post a Comment