Monday, October 22, 2018

Columbus Half Marathon

I didn't know whether I would run The Columbus Half with a few of the girls who were serious or with another group that kind of hadn't trained as hard and were injured.  I opted for the second...BUT only because the idea of stopping to take a pic with each Champion child along the way and soaking in the streets just lined with people was something I wanted to do.  And it was a good choice.  We made those kids feel like super stars and it completely warmed my heart!
They started this race with fireworks for each Corrall and there was a total of 18,000 runners!  It was huge and I loved every second of it!  Great race and definitely one any runner should experience!  Great cause as well...for the Nationwide Children's Hospital.  In fact, you pass this hospital on route where the kids are watching from their windows.  How heartfelt is that!  Love Love Love!  The weather was not as bad as I had thought it was going to be.  Probably upper 30's lower 40's and sunny.  I was glad the wind died down. But to know that I was uncomfortable for just over 2 hours and these kids are uncomfortable probably most of their lives fighting to stay strong made it all worth it.





Miles 1-5



Miles 6-10








And then there was the Angel Mile...where families of those kids that have lost their battles stand with signs and pictures and cheer us on.  I shed many tears down that mile.

Miles 11-15
For some reason we missed little Ben and the finish came up quicker than expected...





No comments: