Sunday, May 11, 2025

Mom’s Day

This year was a bit different. Yesterday my dad went to urgent care for epigastric pain. They did an ekg which showed abnormal so they sent him to emergency. Gabi was working at Notre Dame but called into EGH and suggested we go there. So she met us there afterward. They got him in right away and did testing. He still had a little bit of an abnormal ekg but nothing too drastically concerning. His bloodwork did show something different. His lipase level was 1200 which is supposed to be 60 or below. And his chest xray showed sone inflammation above his pancreas. The doctor diagnosed him with pancreatitis but every test they did refused to show a reason. They ended up admitting him to do more testing thus the reason we cancelled Mothers Day at my parents. So sad that everyone was supposed to be there but we know it was for good reason. So I went to New Life Church with all the kids. Gabi and Trenton took me to Longhorn Steakhouse for lunch and then because it was so beautiful outside, Gabi and I laid out to get tan. Unfortunately the hospital wouldn’t release dad because they want him to get an echocardiogram, so Trenton, Gabi and I met my mom at home later. We walked to Dairy Queen and then visited with my grandma for a little bit. A good Mothers Day, despite how different from the normal. I feel very loved today, just like every day. 
























No comments: