Dreary day...rainy, dark and cold but I was able to enjoy the day with family and of course, my children. We had our annual get together at my parents' house with lots of yummy food...I made my famous hash brown casserole (mom R's recipe) to share, in fact, I made 2 big pans and none was left. We also had barbeque ribs and chicken, noodles, pasta salad, baked beans, strawberry jello, watermelon, chips and fiesta dip, angel food cake with strawberries and pies. Everyone on my mom's side showed up. It was nice to visit with everyone. I have to say I was excited to see baby Reese again.My mom asked me to do the same as I did last year for Mother's Day...to plant flowers in all of her flower pots. I happily obliged and got all the flowers from here. I did two big white pots with alot of different colors and types of flowers (I call it a butterfly collection) and 3 smaller pots (1 with yellow and orange mums and 2 with pink geraniums).
My boys went in together to get me a gift card to one of my favorite stores. I was very impressed and touched that they went and got this for me by themselves. I appreciated the act more than the gift itself! Gabi made me a very nice hotpad at school. She was very proud.
To all the moms reading this...I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! May God bless you daily. And one of my favorite mother's day poems...here.
No comments:
Post a Comment