Beiger -Our thorn in our side. The ones who beat us by 1 point during the season. We had them again, but we were expecting this. Our team found their stride sooner in this game, maybe because the jitters were gone from playing this morning. What an exciting game. Within a couple of baskets the entire game and ended up tying at the end! 22-22! Gabi had a total of 8 points at the end when the overtime of 2 minutes was put on the clock. We did well. We rebounded well, we were playing defense well. We probably could have done better on making the shots, but we did well. Gabi made a two point shot immediately into overtime putting us at 24-22. Olivia (Beiger's best player) started trying to draw fouls and went to the line 4 times. She only made 1 of the 4! We remained calm and we stalled just as the coaches told us to do and we won! 24-23! Wow. Ben looked at me right before the end and said, "I can feel my heart beating out of my chest!" And I would have to agree...the anxiety had to be up there with a wrestling match!
**As I am adding these photos I noticed I have not action shots during this game...that's how INTO it I was! It was definitely exciting!
Ben made an AWESOME poster for the team and Brennie even made a little poster for Gabi. Kaene asked to take it home to put on his front lawn afterwards!
Leigh stole our hearts this morning when she said "I love Gabi." How adorable and how awesome to have our family there to support and love Gabi! We were so excited for her. She has always asked when she would get trophies like her big brothers...well, TODAY was the day. A well earned trophy nonetheless! And the winning shot on top of it! SOOOO PROUD of our baby today!









No comments:
Post a Comment