Tuesday, January 24, 2012
21-Adulthood
Can't believe this "little toe head of a boy" is now a 21 year old man! He has it pretty good with the spitfire ways of his daddy and the good looks of his momma ;) We are pretty proud of this kiddo. He has had it a bit rough this past year with having to let his passion of wrestling go. He has learned to redirect that passion from being able to actually do it, to coaching and reffing it. We knew it would eventually come down to this, it just happened a bit earlier than he wanted it to. BUT, he is adjusting well. He is going to school and studying to be a physical education/wellness teacher. He has his certification to ref wrestling so he has already been doing that on the side and he also plans to coach. He has plans. He is focused. That is all we can ask. Being 21 is a big step...officially an adult. Wow. I just can't believe I have an adult son. And that concept is something that will take time for me. Because deep down, that 21 year old adult, will always be my "fiesty, blue eyed little toe head running around in Ninja Turtle underwear, playing the Red Power Ranger and singing 'Layla' on his air guitar." I will never let go of that. Those are memories I will NEVER forget. Happy birthday, to my first born boy. The one who came as a big surprise, but I would NEVER change. It all happened for a reason and knowing my son for 21 years and knowing his future plans are exactly that. I couldn't imagine my world without him. The laughs, the tears, the hugs, the discussions, the love he has brought to me could never be replaced, nor forgotten. I love you more than life itself, son! Happy birthday!!! And please be safe!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you forgot the way he would run around acting like a WWF wrestler too!
Post a Comment