Sunday, September 27, 2026

Miracle Park, Grandma and Alzheimer's Walk

It was a busy weekend.  Had to work yesterday for about 4 hours at the Miracle Park (The new park that replaced Normain Park with the first all-inclusive park and baseball field in Indiana) with the Mayor's Youth Advisory Council.  We were buddies for the athletes in the afternoon games, and I would say it had to be the most rewarding volunteer event that I have helped with.  So inspiring and heartwarming.  Dave Majewski's son, Eli, actually played in a game that I helped with and he was excited to take a selfie with me.  A fun afternoon and the weather was perfect!  Sunny and lower 70s.  

This morning we took Gunnar up to visit grandma since it has been about three weeks since I have seen her last.  She was happy to see him.  Trenton, Gabi and my parents all went up with us, so it was a nice visit.  She's all decorated for fall in her little room.  

And this afternoon, Gabi, Trenton and I walked in the Alzheimer's Walk since it is so close to Gabi's heart (Sam's dad having early onset Alzheimer's).  A truly special experience.  












No comments: