Wow, can't believe it's been a week since I have blogged last. Ugh...so much going on right now...it just seems like everything is coming at ONCE and FAST. Maybe it's because it has taken so long for the weather to actually become nicer...I just don't know what it is. But we have certainly been busy. We painted Gabi's room through the week last week. She decided on an accent wall...lavender. It's a beautiful color. Got LOTS of compliments on it as I checked out with it actually. She is excited that her room is done and all matching now...well, kind of. To do yet: curtains and wall hangings. But, we are in the process. Since it was so nice out over the weekend, we had to do some yard work. We ripped out all the bushes down the driveway and took out the mulch. Planning to just put in grass in that area. Also, ripped out a few "leaf catcher" bushes (as Ben calls them) in the front of the house, took out the mulch around the house in all the flower beds and put in river rock (on sale at Menards). The goal : LESS MAINTENANCE. To do yet: put in the grass seed, put rocks around trees, put a couple bushes in where "leaf catchers" were. Also to do this week....SOMEONE VERY special is turning 38 on Friday and then Sunday is Mother's Day. Gotta start thinking GIFTS and FLOWERS.
UGH.....breather....
One day at a time...
Today I went on a field trip with Gabi's class. They just hatched their last baby chicks over the weekend and they returned them to their home. Got to see pigs, piglets, baby lambs, baby chicks, cows, and goats. A fun experience indeed. So glad Gabi had the opportunity to study and watch her chicken egg hatch. I remember doing that as a child as well in one of my classes. I loved it. Brought back many memories. Another big field trip next week - to Chi town to the Museum of Science and Industry. Looking forward to that! Enjoy the pics from the farm below...


No comments:
Post a Comment