Had the opportunity to visit with the "North" team that Tyler will be playing for in July. It was held at Culver Military Academy (what a beautiful campus!!) The head coach from Valparaiso (Mark Hoffman) this year will be his head coach. In fact, we sat with him for the meal and had a good talk with him. I was taken back that he remembered the email I sent him after we lost to Valparaiso this year in the Regionals game. I wasn't sure if he actually received it because I never received a reply but his comment to me yesterday was, "Ah, yes, Mrs. Reinoehl...you are the one I received that really nice email from after our game this year...classy. I appreciated it." What was in my email....just my thanking him for allowing our players and coaches and parents to take their time after our loss and walk the field for as long as the boys needed. They respected us as a team and as families and it was greatly appreciated. My son fell to his knees on that field and cried. His heart broke there. It was definitely a time to be remembered. I felt good knowing that Mr. Hoffman appreciated that email.
We had a good lunch...a hog roast with many BIIIIIGGGGG boys on the North team (one at 6'10"). I am really excited to see this game play out. MANY, MANY great players in Indiana. Tyler will be rooming with the former running back of Merrillville (they chose roomates at the picnic...two conditions, must be opposite team -offense/defense and must be from a different region). Worked out well.
Good time and a great foreshadowing of what is to come. And for those of you who read my blog...a sneak peek at the AWESOME ad that Mr. Gregg Smith did for Tyler (for the program at the big game) -a big thanks to him and to all of the sponsors that helped make this possible!!!
Go North!

No comments:
Post a Comment